Sunday 4 September 2011

I miss you most of all my darling, when Autumn Leaves start to fall


I like Autumn/Winter campaigns better than Spring/Summer ones because I think they tend to be more creative. In the summer everyone just wants to see a floaty temptress in a field. Which is easy.

Saying that, simple is the better option alot of the time. I find the Mulberry campaign at the moment uncomfortable. You know, the one with the eccentric setting of birds and clutter, and you're hoping for something really exciting and different from the models. And they're just standing there. 
Dead. Behind. The. Eyes. 
Clutching some beautiful cow, which is why it's in there. But otherwise, the photo clashes, and not in a kooky way.

Here are some of the A/W campaigns I'm loving....


Marion Cotillard is pretty sublime. So, anything featuring her, for me, is a win.

Bottega Veneta because I WANT THAT SOFA




Natalia Vodianova is one of my favorite models, and Stella McCartney is one of my favorite designers.
What's not to completely adore?

I quite like what's gwanin with topshop at the moment, but all the models look like versions of supermodels (Naomi Campbell and Jerry Hall?)

---Long live Viv---


Erin Wasson is another of my favorite supermodels. I've never not loved a shot of her.
And she was in that film 'My Name is William Rast', with JT so, bonus cool points.

No comments:

Post a Comment